A presentation to GroWQ, March 2021
Paul presented to GroWQ, a not for profit organisation dedicated to economic development in North West Queensland
His key points were:
- Organisations and communities have to hold, multiple pictures in their heads and act as signs of change emerge that point in one direction or another.
- We can better at anticipating change but must not rely on predictions.
- The future world will be dominated by changes to automation, electrification of everything, intelligence, organisation (collaboration) and uncertainty.
- Lots of things are being commoditised and these will help us build new ways of doing things.
- New organisational models are emerging that help us in thinking about the future and strategy.