Mobile: 0408 557 583
Telephone: 03 9018 7917
Facsimilie: 03 9012 3580
Paul established Emergent Futures Pty Ltd as a consulting company combining his long experience in business with his training as a futurist to assist organisations and individuals in the creation of strategy. Paul believes that the application of foresight tools to the strategy process can give organisations a critical edge in a fast moving modern world.
He holds a First Class Honours Degree in Veterinary Science, a Bachelor of Animal Science, and a Masters Degree in Strategic Foresight. Paul is also a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Paul has been a dairy cattle veterinarian, an abattoir manager, and an agribusiness consultant before becoming a futurist with Emergent Futures. He has also been involved in politics and agri-politics having been Chairman of the pork industry national body twice for a total of 10 years, and President of Country Labor in Victoria for 5 years. Paul was also s director of Auspork for 16 years. Auspork is an unlisted public company that markets pork, beef, chicken and lamb, including branded retail ready packs of ready to eat meat products.
Paul is a graduate of the Leadership Victoria Program and a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. . Paul is also a venture philanthropist by being a partner of Social Ventures Partners International (Melbourne Chapter) . Paul writes and presents regularly on future disruptions to business models, and consults to a range of organisations on how to think about the future.
Paul believes that the combination of his experience and his foresight training gives him a unique perspective on business strategy.
Paul’s business experience has taught him that critical business decisions have as much impact on business success as long hours of focused execution. However he recognises that most people have little time to look around and think about what might be happening. Therefore the approaches that Emergent Futures uses align themselves to the reality of a fast moving, time critical modern world from quick scanning processes to longer strategic analysis.
Examples of Recent Presentations and Project work Include:
· McPherson Media Group - Executive Team Session on Future Media Opportunities (2017)
· Yolla Cooperative - The Future for Technology in Agricultural Cooperatives (2017)
· Dairy Australia - Strategic Plan Review (2017)
· Moreland City Council - Staff Workshops on the Future of the Region (2016/17)
· Australian Veterinary Board Council (2016/17) - The Future of Veterinary Education
· Mindshop Australia (2017) - Bringing the Future into the Professional Advisors Practice
· Hobsons Bay City Council - Foresight Input into the Community Vision (2016)
· Australian Tax Office (2016) - Strategic Foresight Workshop on the Future of the Tax System
· Epworth Hospital - Strategy for the Epworth Radiation Oncology Research Centre (2016)
· Red Cross Blood Service - Working with the HR Executive Team on Future Thinking and Workforce Planning (2016)
· Simplot Australia - Presentations/Workshops on Digital Transformation (2015 - 2016)