Author: Paul Higgins
Date Uploaded: 10-Jul-12
A presentation to 180 senior managers from YMCA Victoria on the competitive challenges they face for their various social enterprises in the future.
The key messages were:
- That a social enterprise has to be as good as any other business in order to make a profit and fulfil its mission.
- That transparency in the modern world (mediated by technology and social media) means that good is now longer good enough - you need to be great.
- That innovation and competition levels are growing as more ideas are tried all over the world.
- That cost cutting cannot allow you to become great but cost transformation can.
- That you need to relentlessly innovate because that is what happening in the ecosystem all around you
Some of the Twitter responses as Paul was presenting (Including from YMCA CEO Peter Burns) were:
As usual our presentations are designed to be an experience for those that attend and do not contain lots of detail (we hate bullet points on PowerPoint with a passion). If you are interested in an online meeting presentation with an overview to see if the presentation might work for your organisation then contact us and we will contact you to arrange a short version via Go To Meeting
If you hover your mouse above the bottom section of the presentation on the Right Hand Side after you have clicked on the play arrow it will give you the option for change to a full screen where you can clearly see all the detail.